Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hitting the big 40

That’s right folks…it hit 40 this week..40 miles that is!! Whoo hoo!! This is a goal I have been trying to hit for the last three weeks, so it was a pretty big deal for me!

It seems like this goal has lasted forever, or that I wasn’t going to accomplish it because each week something happened to make me cut back my miles. The first week it was horrible storms and last week it was a little potassium problem! However, this week I finally made it!

I was also supper excited because as I started out my 6 miles today, the final leg and the only thing looming between me the the 40 mile goal, I was feeling rather tired and unmotivated to go fast. I took a deep breath and told myself I was not going to worry about my time…I would just run at a comfortable pace and be fine with that. As i hit the pavement (literally) it took me all of 30 seconds to start looking at my pace and trying to go faster/stay consistent..haha i’m pathetic! anyways, I was really excited when i was able to end my run, feeling really good, with my best time yet…6 miles in 45:30 with my garmin showing an average pace of 7:34! The best part about it was that I really didn’t feel like I was dying or even going super fast…i’m really excited to continue seeing how much I can increase my pace! Now I have to tackle 16 miles on saturday (the furthest distance to date)!

On a side note…I have stated to notice my regulars on the bike path (like the old man with the Huge beard that wears a camel back and walks freaking forever…or the guy who sings at the top of his lungs while walking) but it has freaked me out lately as i run by people and then hear them say..”oh there she is”…or … “that’s the girl..”! So weird..maybe i run like Phoebe on friends or something! 

Hopefully i will survive to write another post!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you go girl! You are running half marathons and beyond on your own. You are definitely encouraging me to go beyond my minute miles and to strive for greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and stay tuned - mentioning you in my running post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DO run like Phoebe. For real. I want to do a triathlon but the running scares me because I honestly run almost just like her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't hate me, but I kind of run like Phoebe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grr...for some reason Blogger messed up as I hit "post comment"...

    ANYWAYS, I totally thought, by reading the first few words of you blog, that you were turning 40!! LOL! I am like, what?!?!!?

    I love the scene from Friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha. Cute! Stopping by from SITS - congrats on your goal! I used to hate running, but I've been more into it lately. Still, I definitely about collapse at my 3.1 mi.

    ReplyDelete