Sunday, June 14, 2009

Unwanted House Guest

So today I was walking downstairs and there it was...right there on the tile at the bottom of the staircase...wiggling all eight legs at me...A SPIDER!!

Side note - Okay so I have this intense fear of spiders or basically all insects. This fear was intensified last summer when our house was infested with fleas via the Charles, and I several days of crawly creatures in my house!

Back to today - when I saw the frightening creature first I held back the scream that was at the tip of my throat and tried to re-group quickly. I quietly tip-toed past the creepy crawly creature and ran to the bathroom to grap some good old TP. I wanted him to be unsuspecting so I could sneak up and get him. However, when I came out of the bathroom he was no where to be found..you know what that means folks...He is somewhere inside the house!! NOT COOL! All the sudden I started to get the crawly sensations and thought it was crawling all over my body! He is still MIA but now I freaked to walk anywhere near there!

Does this happen to anyone else??
What is your best creepy crawly creature experience?

9 comments:

  1. mine happened saturday at 3:30AM and it too involved a spider. a HUGE one. anyway, it was 3:30AM i had to go to the restroom and there it was... on my slipper... a giant spider. i was half asleep, trying to plot out how im going to kill this little bugger...it was smart too because it woulnd't move...almost as if it's trying to camouflage haha! anyway, i mashed it with a tissue. *cringe*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate bugs! My dog had fleas and I got bites all over me..so nasty looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely hate roaches! I hate them so much I try not to acknowledge their existence. I don't even kill them! Worst about them is some of them here FLY! I just dont know if you have flying roaches there too! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in the country and there were CONSTANTLY weird ass things coming in - including spiders. We'd get them and scorpions, roly polies, SNAKES! uuughhh, I stil shudder when I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I despise roaches..ughhh they make me want to puke!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ughhh, I'm shuddering. I hate hate hate spiders with a passion. I'm completely aware that it's an irrational fear but there's nothing I can do about it. I've been known to break into tears at the sight of one. Not my proudest moments ever but again, it's something I can't control. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, the funny thing is that my boyfriend is afraid of spiders too...so he always wants ME to kill them. No cool. I don't like them but I can stand killing them, but I don't like the crunchy sound effect. LOL. One time my dad's snake got lose in the loft and we couldn't find him...but I had to go up there to get food for my bunny. Well, I reached my hand into the food and screamed when the snake was inside! My dad was very proud that I located the CA king snake (huge) but I wasn't very thrilled. I know it's not a spider but pretty scary if you ask me! Have a great Monday love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know EXACTLY what you mean! And then when they disappear...SO not cool!!!

    ReplyDelete