Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Targeted Ultrasound and a Turning Point

I am ecstatic to share that everything went really well at my appointment on Monday. I shared in my last post how nervous I was for the appointment and so I am glad it is over. It’s funny because I have had no signs that anything is wrong but for some reason I just couldn’t shake the feeling that they would find something. Maybe it was because they were doing the major ultrasound that looked in depth at all of little Hudson’s inner workings. However, I really tried to give it over to God and I knew that if anything did show up we could handle it.

What I wasn’t prepared for was how magical this appointment would be. I got to spend a whole 20 minutes looking at my baby..and boy is he cute! I had the best ultrasound tech ever and she was amazing at talking me though all that she was looking at and assuring me that he looked perfect :) At the last appointment we hadn’t gotten to see his face because he had his back to us so I was amazed at how much he is looking like a real baby.

Hudson 19 weeks 3

According to the tech I am carrying low but that isn’t anything to be concerned about. The little Hudster had his hands behind his head (which is the way that his dad falls asleep every night). One of the neatest things was to see some of the ways he is taking after both me and the Hubs. For instance, the tech said it looks like Hudson has flat feet which he totally got from me..sorry bud! I also totally think he has the Hubs nose which is good b/c his is way cuter than mine! The tech said it looks like he is running right along with me because his legs are really developing some muscle..go Hudson! I guess we really do have a little marathoner on our hands.

Hudson 19 weeks

Hudson footprint 19 weeks He has such cute little flat feet :)

Although I can’t feel him that much now he was moving a lot at the appointment. I really can’t get over how much I already love this little guy! Right now he weighs 10 oz’s and he is right on track for his due date. The nurse also pointed out that he is in a V position where his head is next to his feet…that doesn’t seem that comfortable but I guess he’s not complaining. Hudson’s heart and brain looked great and they didn’t see any area of concern..thank you Lord!

Hudson 19 weeks 2 You can kind of see the v-position I was talking about

I mentioned a little while ago how I was having a hard time with the changes my body is going through. I have always loved this little guy and I knew I had a baby inside of me but really seeing him has totally changed my heart and perspective on this matter. Maybe I finally felt the mama bear instinct kick in but just seeing his little face makes me want to do anything for him (even gaining weight and being taken out of my comfort zone). Not to say that I won’t have some hard times in the future (I am sure I will) but I am so in love with him that I don’t care what I have to endure as long as he gets here healthy!

I really can’t wait for the next appointment to get to see my little guy again! We did get a ton of print out pictures that I look at every day and they put it all on dvd so we can watch him anytime we want …I love modern technology!

6 comments:

  1. That is adorable! Congratulations!
    Our little girl was only showing us the back of her head at ours too and unfortunately that was our last ultrasound assuming everything goes okay from here on out. So, you are so lucky to have seen his cute face! That is awesome you got to see how he takes after both of you-what a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear everything went well! The anatomy ultrasound is so much fun. He's a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Loved ultrasounds. It was so fun to see our girl and to have reassurance that everything was fine. We had extra ultrasounds due to the bleeding complications I had, but I didn't mind the extras :). Crazy how real the ultrasound makes it feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ultrasound pictures always creep me out because they look like little blobs...but this one you can see his little features....too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's so neat that your doctor's office does the 3D ultrasounds! it's amazing how detailed those are! hudson is quite a cutie already :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm so glad that everything is good. I can't wait to see those images of our babies when the time comes! What a special moment!

    ReplyDelete