Saturday, June 13, 2009

Weekend Festivities

I know that I have been semi-MIA with blogging lately...I apologize! There had been a lot going on with the Hubs trip and complications with the return date and basically I just didn't feel like writing anything! To make a long complaint short, his trip kept getting extended and even though he was not gone for a long time total..I started to feel that he was never coming back because every day my hopes would be dashed that I would get to see him soon :(
All that changed though when He finally made it home!! I can't tell you how excited I was!! He returned home on Thursday morning and I was seriously as giddy as I was on our wedding night (sorry if that is TMI but it's true)!So needless to say my weekend started a little early this week!!!
We spent the rest of Thursday getting all of his in processing taken care of, running errands, and basically spending time together! Oh, how I missed him! The Charles was really excited to have his dad back too...his tail has not stopped wagging!
Since the Hubs didn't have to be back to work till Sunday (boo for working on The Lords day) that still gave us two whole other days together...and it felt like the most precious gift ever! On Friday we decided to take a road trip...whoo hoo...gotta love road trips!! We drove down to Washington DC/Northern Virginia area to our favorite Mall and restaurant (actually we go there more for the restaurant but you have to love that it is in a mall)!! For those of you familiar with the area...we LOVE Tyson's Corner and even more WE LOVE COASTAL FLATS restaurant!!!
If you are in that area and ever looking for good food the Great American Restaurants is a group of locally owned restaurants that are by far the best food that I have ever tasted..and i am a huge foodie that is very picky!! They have these rolls that are to die for and don't even get me stared on the White Chocolate bread pudding (all i can say is heaven in my mouth and five pounds on my hips..but totally worth it)! Everything there is homemade with the most delicious sauces. I think they have about 7 different restaurants around the area and have amazing customer service that makes the food taste even better :)
Ok, back to the weekend!! On the way home we hit horrible traffic but as long as I was with the Hubs I totally didn't care! Oh and we were able to start a new book on CD which made the return trip go by quickly. We stopped at the best Panera ever on our way home (their bread is by far has the best texture and freshness of any Panera I have been too before). So are you starting to see a pattern...my life revolves around food :)
Today was a chill day...hanging around the house...running errands...walking the dog...having our first grill-out of the summer and having huge rainstorms to go along with it!
This weekend has seriously been top-notch and I can't even express how amazing it is to have our family whole again! It was really hard to have him away, especially at the end with all the complications, but having him back again makes it all worth it!

How was everyones weekend???
What was your favorite thing you did this weekend?

10 comments:

  1. OMG! I love, love, love Tysons Corner. I used to always go there when I lived in Virginia for a year and even a few times during the time we lived in Baltimore. I have been sick all weekend but as I write this, my hubby is picking my mom up at the airport and she'll be here for 10 days - JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful it is that he is back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you had such a good weekend. I'm sure it was fabulous to have him back. Even we bloggers knew how much you missed him!
    He must really appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww glad he's back safely and that you've had an amazing weekend so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your husband is back! I can see how much you love him in your excitement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Tyson's Corner!! It's so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for the Hubs being back!

    Mr. T's been working weekends a lot recently, too, and I totally hate it! I can't wait till this exercise is over, although your Hubby probably doesn't have to worry about it since he just got back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, I'm happy that your hubby is back in your arms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have something for you over at my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grilling and rainstorms seem to go hand in hand. Congrats on getting back to the blog, and taking a chill day! popping in from SITS to leave ya' some bloggy lovin!

    ReplyDelete