Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A lot happens in a Month..

Whewww..Okay so I totally don’t know where to start! First I will apologize for my total lack of blogging this past month. It has been one crazy event after another and for the sake of your precious time and eyes I will try and condense it as much as I can. So let’s see..what to tackle first. Well how about the drive cross country with the Charles. My original plan was to head out (destination NJ) about two weeks before the Hubs got back from his deployment. When I had driven out to Cali in the winter from NJ my wonderful Dad had flown out and made the trek with me and the Charles but this time I was determined that I could do it on my own. I routed out the stops (and tried to get as many pet friendly hotels as possible..the charles will thank me one day) and had the whole trip planned out. Then about a week before I left the hubs and I decided that we wanted to buy a house for our upcoming move to Utah so I changed all my plans so I could stop in UT for about two days, look at houses and hopefully get a contract going and then head on to the east coast.

As I mentioned in my previous post (which I know was a long time ago but it might be a good refresher) the hubs was delayed two weeks so I had to once again change the travel plans. I have to say though, if i have learned anything during this last month it is that God’s timing is Perfect! We may not understand it and we might be upset when plans change or things don’t go the way we think they should, but God has a plan for a reason and his timing is perfect for that plan!

Okay so continuing with the story…

I ended up heading out a few days later and since I wasn’t as rushed to get to the east coast I was able to spend a whooping 4 days and UT. So guess what I did with my time there??? Bought a house!!! Yup, little ol’ me singed our first contract for our first house. It’s new construction and it should be ready by the time we move out there! We love it and the hubs has been great during the whole process! Oh and I totally love how everyone one in Utah is so nice…it totally couldn’t have done this without their help. It has everything we want except a yard, but we had to make some sacrifices and the charles really isn’t a backyard dog anyways (the whole separation anxiety thing)! We are still in the process of the final paper work and hopefully we will close at the end of June! I feel like we are real grown ups now! I realized while I was out there that there is no way I could have done all this in the two days I had originally planned..again on God’s perfect timing!

From there the Charles and I continued on our quest to the east. While I was in UT I was able to stay on base and in a pet friendly hotel which was really nice for the charles, but the first hotel on the road they didn’t allow pets so I had to leave the charles in the car. I felt so guilty sleeping in my nice hotel room while he was out in the scary night that I switched my hotel for the next night from the Hampton Inn to Day’s Inn where they allowed pets! Let’s just say the Charles owes me a big one!! When it took me 20 minutes to find the motel off of the highway I knew it was going to be seedy. And it didn’t disappoint! I was fine until I stepped in the tub to take a shower and I felt like I was on a surf board trying to keep my balance while it moved under my feet…ewww…I totally don’t want to think about why it was like that!!!

After that scaring incident I got to spend some wonderful time with my sister-in-law in Ohio. We had a ton of fun and it was a nice break from the drive. She introduced me to the best grocery store there (yes I do have a grocery store obsession) and I love their church so I was supper excited to get to go with her on Sunday. But in typical Ashley fashion I couldn’t leave there without an incident! The monday morning I was leaving My SIL had already left for work and i managed to lock myself out of the house with my keys, phone and the Charles inside house. I had no idea how to get back in or get a hold of her so I ended up walking about a mile to a gas station, calling her school and having them pull her out of class so she could come to my rescue. Thanks sis..you are truly the best and I love you!!!

The Charles and I made it to DC and then NJ with no problems and I dropped the Charles off at puppy camp for two weeks. I really did miss the little fella and he did so so so amazing during the whole drive!

While in NJ I had a doctors appointment to check out my injured hip (since I hadn’t been able to run for over three weeks..ahhhh)! He diagnosed me with a pulled ligament in my groin and gave me muscle relaxants and told me not to run for another week…oh the insanity! The whole time my hubs has been gone I have been anxiously awaiting his arrival one because I so desperately missed my other half and couldn't wait to be around him again..and two because we were both ready to start up the fertility treatments again. After finding out that my referral ran out I spent many hours on the phone and computer trying to get everything straightened out before the hubs returned.

I was able to spend four wonderful days with my BFF in NJ and since she just found out she is preggo I got to live vicariously through her. We had such a fun and relaxing time and she helped me so much not to freak out about all the fertility stuff. I love you Mal!

Since things were moving slower with the fertility stuff I thought about extending my stay in NJ for a few more days before heading back to DC for the hubs arrival and some quality time with my totally amazing in-laws. However I decided to just stick with my original plan and head back to DC and worry about the fertility stuff later…and God’s timing was once again perfect! I was about two days into my week stay there and the arrival of the hubs (insert squeal) when the hubs once again said he might be delayed..oh yes the tears flowed majorly! But joy of all joys about 12 hours later he was on the plan heading back home..wow! He arrived three days early and ironically instead of flying into the DC area he flew into NJ so back that way i went!

I can’t even explain how wonderful it was to have the hubs back in my arms again!!! It totally felt like out honeymoon again and I loved every minute of it! We stayed in NJ for two days and then headed down to DC for a fun weekend (since we had already booked the hotel for his original arrival). So fun!!

Monday I went to my first fertility appointment to check everything out and figure out what needs to be done to start up again. I was a little nervous..i’m not going to lie! Last time they had to give me medication to start my period because I don’t have one on my own and then start the shots. You can’t imagine my surprise when during my ultrasound the tech said …well it’s looks like you have one follicle that is about 17mm which is considered mature and ready to ovulate (they consider anywhere from 16mm-24mm mature). What?!! I had been trying really hard lately to eat more, not run so much (well not at all thanks to the ligament) and I think I had even gained some weight..but I never thought this would happen..yay!

So basically this fast forwarded the treatments! I went in the next couple days to waiting for my blood levels to catch up with the little follicle and then we would do the HCG shot to make me ovulate and then the IUI..crazy!

On friday I had my first IUI and it was scary and exciting at the same time! The hubs was great and the held my hand the whole time and didn’t complain once about his part in the process. We went in that morning for the ultrasound and they said it didn’t look like the I had ovulated yet but they would do the IUI anyways and then I had to come back at 3pm and they would see if it had released by then. The procedure went fine and when we came back in the stupid follicle still hadn’t released but they said that didn’t mean that we wouldn’t get preggo. Now we are in the two week waiting period (2ww) and praying for God’s will and timing.

And lastly, this weekend we had the most amazing time that Ritz Carlton in Tyson’s Corner VA. Since we had missed Christmas, new years, valentines day and our anniversary the Hubs pulled out all the stops and even got us massages! So nice! We had such an amazing time and I felt bad that I was so tired and felt kind of crummy but I think it is the side effects of the progesterone that they have me on right now!

So there you have it..that was our last month! I promise I am going to be better about blogging and reading about all that is going on with everyone! I have missed this so much! Oh and sorry for the very long blog but I had to get it all out!

Stay tuned for more potential preggo thoughts and random events …

12 comments:

  1. Whew! That was a long post. :) But I loved reading it and catching up on all that's been going on! Yay for having the Hubby home!! And yay for potenitally being preggo!! God's timing is always perfect. My fingers are crossed for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! So much! I think I have to read this post again! Praying for you and your future babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to take a potty break inbetween the paragraphs! LOL....kidding! Praying for you, bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I've missed you and was thinking about you today. I hope your fertility goes well. I know how dedicated you've been to this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley, thanks for stopping by my blog! I wish you all the luck and baby dust as you enter your 2ww. (They never get any easier!) I'll be praying for you and I can't wait to hear the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting! My SIL got pregnant from IUI on the first try. Hoping for the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so exciting that you had a mature follicle - that would be a nice surprise! I'm praying for you guys! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting!!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, awesome stuff going on with you!

    I didn't know anyone else in the world lived in a hotel, too. :) So when is the big move to UT? We bought new construction, too and it has been a blast watching everything happen.

    We are super close to Tysons Corner! It is amazing there. I am really loving the DC area.

    Yay for fertility news! I will keep you in my prayers for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey,my name is Beth. I was just going to say, it's probably a good thing you are not running while you're TTC. I just read a book called "The Fastest Way to get Pregnant Naturally" and it said something to the effect of— "Most women who run 3 miles or more per week DO NOT ovulate." It said that this makes sense, because running makes your body think it's under stress, and a body that is under stress (-running from something-) is not a body that should bring a baby into the world.
    I just thought I'd share that with you, and I wish you good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Imagine if our little munchkins will be just months apart! How fun would that be! Praying praying praying... Can't wait to hang out soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey sweetie so excited for you that you purchased a home in Ogden (I want to hear more) and that fertility treatments are going well just challenging (can understand!). Glad you go to see the hubs and I bet it must be hard being separated, I admire your strength. I'll be praying that you heal so you can run soon and that you also get pregnant when the timing is right!

    ReplyDelete