Thursday, June 2, 2011

18 Weeks

Week 18 belly 10  Week 18 belly 8

How far along? 18 Weeks

Baby's size? The size of an sweet potato or bell pepper :)

Weight Gain? I am up about 1 pound from the last update so a total of 9 pounds right now. I think my butt and legs have expanded though. my weight is getting dangerously close to my high school weight (during my heavy days) and although I know I have a lot more muscle now and am carrying the weight differently than I did back in the day, it is still really hard to see the number on the scale.

Maternity clothes?   well obviously from this picture you can tell the answer is yes. I have decided that I am really not a fan of the belly bands…I don’t know if it is the fact that my old pants don’t fit the same or that it is more itchy but I prefer just sticking to the maternity pants. I still have a few pairs of jeans that I can button but I don’t like how tight they are when buttoned.

Stretch marks? none yet

Belly button in or out? still very in! I finally realized that I have a VERY deep belly button, like you still can’t see the back of it. My mom says it runs in the family and that hers never popped while pregnant. I highly doubt if mine will even get close to popping out.

Sleep? I am still getting up about every two hours to pee which is making it hard to get a good nights sleep. I realized today that I am approaching the time where I shouldn’t be laying on my back anymore..that should be interesting! I did buy a snoggle but I haven’t used it yet.

Foods I am loving? Still Watermelon and steak. We visited my parents this weekend and my mom and sister were laughing at my sudden love for red meat (they are the ones who like it and I always said it was gross).

Foods I am hating? None really right now.

Best moment this week? Getting to see my family and friends in Bako this last weekend and hearing their excitement over my growing belly and meeting little Hudson.

Movement? Not sure. I think I have felt some movement but it is hard to tell if it is Hudson or not.

Symptoms? I am still taking zofan so that has really helped with the nausea. I had my first experience with horrible back pain (it felt like I pulled all the muscles in my back and along the sides of my stomach..not fun). Maybe it was due to running 8 miles two days before or lifting very heavy watermelon..whatever caused it made me realize that I need to be more careful.

Gender? A Boy :)

What I miss? I am still really missing long runs. The hubs is training for a marathon and it kills me not to be able to join him for the 15+ mile runs. I did get to run 8 miles this last Saturday and felt really good so that helped. I also miss shopping for real clothes and having them fit the way they used to. I am unusual in how I like my jeans to fit (I like them to hang on my hips) and I am finding that fit is impossible with my ever expanding belly and hips. I walked through old navy and almost cried in the store yesterday because although I can still fit into a lot of “normal” clothes the fit is different. As hard as it is though, I wouldn’t give it up because all of this is producing the most wonderful little boy :)

What I'm looking forward to? The doctors appointment in about a week. We are doing the big ultrasound next appointment where they check all the organs and make sure everything is looking good for Hudson. I am trying not to get nervous (or borrow trouble) but I will be glad when I know everything looks good :)

Milestone: I’m not really sure..just reaching 18 weeks and almost being 1/2 way there feels like a milestone to me.

Emotions: As you can probably tell by most of this post I am having a hard time with my growing body. The hubs is really quick to remind me that there is a baby in there. It is hard because I am so so so excited to be pregnant and I can’t wait to meet Hudson but my old body image issues are coming back full force. I know some people love being pregnant but I don’t think I am one of them. I love the fact that we are having a baby but I really just can’t wait till he gets here and the pregnancy phase is over. I am hoping I will feel more positive once I start really showing and people can tell there is a baby in there.

* I have to say this before I end. I know that I am complaining a lot about the trivial things of this pregnancy and I am working on them not letting it affect me; but part of writing this blog is to be real and vent some and so I didn’t want to just sugar coat everything and make it seem like I am doing wonderful and feeling great. I have not forgotten how hard it was when we went month after month without getting pregnant and I am praying for all of you who are still going through that struggle. I almost didn’t write this post out of fear that I would offend those who are where we were about 5 months ago, but again I also wanted to be real. So just please know that I haven’t forgotten what it is like and I am praying and crying right along with each one of you!

8 comments:

  1. Your little bump is growing!!! So cute. Almost half way there... That is an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate red meat too and also craved it when I was pregnant! I think my body needed the iron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who is still trying - I don't think your post would be offensive to anyone! It's your blog, so you should be able to vent! Not everyone loves pregnancy, and that's absolutely okay :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaaahhh you have a little bump!! i love it...even more, i love that it means there's a little boy growing in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate the belly bands too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel. I have never wanted anything more than my daughter I am carrying right now, but I still felt like crap about my body a large majority of the time. I haven't had such bad body thoughts since I was younger and struggling with worse body dysmorphia. Does it mean I don't understand the struggles I went through to get her? No. It just makes us human, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look how tiny you are! You look great! I know how hard it is when you don't feel like people can really tell you're pregnant yet, and you just feel thicker than normal - but you'll get there, and it'll make for a really cute bump later. :-)
    I love the name, by the way!
    And did you color your hair? Because it looks fabulous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time I've been to your blog, I love it! So excited you're having a boy - they are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete