So I have really slacked in writing anything lately. Bad me! I think that every time I sit down to write something there is so much going on in my head that I want to share that I just don’t know where to start. So instead of putting it off any longer I decided it would be better to give you all some snapshots (bullet points) of my life lately.
So here we go (in a very random order)..
- Even though we had a strict no valentines present rule the hubs surprised me and had flowers delivered to our house :)
- I had agreed to take a really short-term temp job (10 hours a week for 3 weeks) but when I went to my first day yesterday it was a disaster. I called the temp agency right after to let them know it wasn’t going to work out. They were really understanding and it brought to light some things that they needed to be aware of. So the flowers really helped brighten up my day (see above)!
- Our couch that we have had for just over two years broke last week :( I love this couch and it is still workable but on the amazing advise of my mommy, we talked to the customer service at Costco (were the said couch was bought) and they agreed to take it back..yay! So guess what that meant, well basically spending all day saturday shopping for a new couch and after a lot of looking found almost the exact same one in a lighter color at RC Willey for about $100 less that what we are getting back for the old couch. Score! We still need to actually take the old couch back but we need to figure it out so that we have very minimal time without a couch because that would severely hinder our TV watching..not good.
- We have had such amazing weather this week..like in the high 50’s and I am so glad because that means that there isn’t any snow on the ground. Now I had nothing against snow on the ground until the charming Charles decided that it is his job to eat up all the snow and will whine at the door until i take him out to “do his job”. We don’t have a yard so I actually have to take him out on a leash and it was getting way out of hand. Now if I could just get him to stop whining every time I am on the phone I would be very grateful (seriously, yesterday i had to lock myself in the bathroom while on a business call because he was whining so loud)!
- I am almost done with my first round of Progesterone and have bought a new thermometer and some other helpful things to hopefully make the next cycle a success. Lately though my lower back has been killing me and I can’t figure out why. Did anyone have this problem while taking Metformin and Progesterone? I have also be really nauseous and on Sunday while sitting on the couch I almost blacked out. My back is the most annoying thing though because it will wake me up at night sometimes and just makes the days extra tough. I have taken different stuff but nothing seems to really help. The hubs and I have massages this weekend and I am so looking forward to that!
- Speaking of medication, Ever since I increased my dose of Metformin my sugar and coffee intake has suffered. Not because of my I don’t like them but because I feel sick after consuming them. So sad but I am sure my waist line appreciates it.
- The hubs and I signed up for the SLC 1/2 marathon in April so that means I am back on a training plan. Luckily my knee has been very nice to me lately and I was very grateful to realize that it didn’t hurt at all on satruday after running 7 miles. Hopefully the trend will continue.
- The hubs and I joined a home group with our church a couple weeks ago and it has been such a blessing. We had been wanting to join one but never actually followed through with it. We have received so much encouragement there and all of the couples are so amazing! It has also really helped both of us feel more connected to Utah and more settled for the time being.
- We went to Ikea on Saturday and I found the most adorable baby fabric that would totally go with the decor for a girls room that I want to do if we ever have one. So of course I had to buy it! This lead to the hubs and I to discussing baby names all sunday morning and luckily we are on the same page for the most part. We keep joking that we have everything set but the baby and that is the most crucial point! It did make me realize thought that a lot of people that I know IRL are pregnant right now and one of by main fears/concerns is that they will take our coveted names..I don’t really know how I would handle that.
- In three weeks we will be heading to Washington DC to stay in the Ritz Carlton for three nights and then visit family. I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am. Oh yeah and during our trip we will celebrate our 4th anniversary!
I don’t want to overwhelm you all too much so I will have more later :) Overall we are doing well. I have to admit though I have had a tough couple of weeks trying not to get discouraged about the baby stuff. I wanted to thank those of you who have been praying for us..we really appreciate it!