Monday, June 28, 2010

Officially a home owner!

That’s right folks, we singed the final closing papers on our house Thursday and picked up the keys later that afternoon! It was thrilling and terrifying all that the same time. I feel like I am officially a grown up now (and I guess I have to start acting like one too). After basically living out of a suitcase for the past 6 months I can’t even describe how it feels to really have our own home! Now if we can only get the movers to deliver all of our crap wonderful belongings, I would truly be a happy camper…oh and even more so if we were still in Utah right now to enjoy it!

What do I mean by that..well let me rewind a bit and catch you all up on our first trip out to Utah. You see, the hubs wasn’t going to be done with all of his final out-processing stuff in NJ till the 1st of July but we had to be back in Utah before the 30th of June to close on our house and still get the tax credit. At first we were just going to fly out and back but I don’t know if any of you have noticed the ridiculously expensive rates to travel through the air as of late (holy cow) so we decided to go ahead and drive out one of our cars to Utah the first round, fly back, and then 4 days later make the second (and final) trek out with our other car and the Charles. I really didn’t think it would be that big of a deal but let me tell you, this little teaser of a stay was almost too much for a girl to handle!

I guess I hadn’t realized how unsettled I had felt these last few months (not that I didn’t enjoy every stinking part of cali and being back in NJ) but I am ready for a home and a settled life for a bit..like 3-4 years or so. The drive out to Utah wasn’t all that pleasant due to the fact that my stomach always likes to start causing me severe pain during long road trips and that coupled with the IUI events right before we left..we lets just say I was glad to be off the road for a bit!

The hubs and I had so much fun scouting out all that the towns near us have to offer..and of course getting to see our house!! The first day that we got into town we went straight to the housing development so that I could show the hubs what our new house looks like from the outside and we were extremely excited when the guy working at the model let us have the key to go walk through our house right then (the final walk through wasn’t till the next day)! The hubs really like it, I was relieved! We love our little neighborhood and we were told that there are a lot of dogs around so Charlie should be able to make plenty of friends! One of the first things we noticed when we got into the area was how amazing the view is. I mean everywhere you go it feels like you are driving into mountains..so beautiful! The base has amazing views and since we were staying there this last week we got to enjoy them on our morning runs!

Oh and don’t even get me started on how wonderful the weather was (especially when we headed back into a major heat and humidity advisory in NJ)! I checkout some of the local malls and I think I will not be lacking :) They have super targets out there which I think I like even more than target greatland..we’ll see.

We were all set to close on our house on Thursday and then have the movers deliver out house-hold goods on Friday. For those of you who have experienced military moves you probably know as we found out, plans are always subject to change! Apparently they didn’t have a truck available to they decided to bump us to monday (when we were already back in NJ..no go) so we had to have it re-scheduled to when we get back. I was pretty bummed because I so wanted to start decorating and sleep in our home but I got over it quickly! We ended up sleeping in the house on the ground the final night there because we were being picked up at 3:30am for our flight and our house was a lot closer to the person picking us up then on base! So yes, even without any furniture we still got to have our first night in our house complete with the 4th season of LOST on the computer!

I promise I will post pictures once we get everything settled and I take some! We are starting our trip back to Utah from NJ on thursday and I am so excited! Oh and  I really miss the Charles (who is a puppy camp right now) and so I am so so excited to see him again too!!

On other news….we take our preggo test this wednesday..ahh! I am excited and scared too. I am leaving it in God’s hands though so we will see if this is our time or not….

10 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow, so exciting! Congratulations on the house! That's just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Congrats on your home! That is so exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your house! You must be so excited to get everything set up and settled in. That's so exciting about the pregnancy test on Wednesday too - i can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting time in your life! I am praying that you get a BFP on Wednesday for a cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the house!! My fingers are crossed for you for wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the new house! I hope the moving process isn't too dreadful. The whole car riding thing sounded like a really long ride.

    Best of luck with the preggo test!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the house....how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the house. It is so exciting buying your first home. I'm praying that Wednesday brings you and the hubs great joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. whoop whoop! hooray for you! that's so exciting to own your own home :) i hope everything goes well for you, you're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete