Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Weather Blues

So this might now makes sense to a lot of you but if you live in NJ you know what I mean (and if you don't then I hope you never have to)! While all of you in sunny Cali are enjoying the nice weather, sunshine, blossoming trees and the first fruits of the spring (i can barely type that without getting down)...here in New Jersey we are in this constant cycle of warm/cold weather. For example, last week we started monday off with about 6-10 inches of snow (I will remind you that I had just gotten back from Florida so this cold weather was even harder to stomach) and then on Saturday we hit a near record high of 72 degrees and now we are back in the 40's. I have so many different types of jackets tossed in my car right now because when I leave to go anywhere I never know if it is going to get warm, rain, snow, or just stay cold!!! This is madness I tell you...MADNESS!!!
During all of the moves that I have undertaken these last five years or so I have started to learn something about myself...I get depressed when it is cold. I am not just talking a little depressed, its like seriously I hate my life right now and I want to curl up in a ball and never leave. However, as soon as the sun comes out or it starts to get warm my mood suddenly changes and I feel like I can take on the world. So with that in mind you can only imagine what these weird weather spring months are like for me and my poor unsuspecting husband. I don't know if this is normal but it is seriously annoying!!
I have to admit that I think it was almost harder to go to Florida because this whole last week and have the hardest time adjusting back to nj weather. I probably think that my obsession with "The Hills" lately and other shows taped in sunny climates adds to my depression...but still why can't I snap out of it?! I am working really hard and trying to lean on God during the times that I get really down (don't worry it's not like suicidal or anything..just upset) but it is still a big struggle! Maybe I should be investing my time in more productive things other than living vicariously through the tv and at least it would take my mind off the depressing weather! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment