Thursday, April 7, 2011

Unprepared..

Yesterday I left the house totally unprepared for my new current state. Let me explain…

In my pre-pregnancy life I rarely ate lunch. I usually would eat breakfast, snack on cereal or crackers during the day and then eat dinner. Therefore I could leave and run errands all afternoon and not worry about brining snacks (besides my bag of crackers) or having to stop somewhere to get something to eat. Because of that, I now have a hard time figuring out what to eat for lunch..I know that may sound weird but it is hard to break old habits even when your stomach is turning from hunger. For the most part it hasn’t been a huge issue because most days I end up meeting the hubs for lunch and will either share something with him or get my own thing. However, if I am by myself I refuse to get fast food or stop to get something to eat.

Until yesterday when I realized that my pregnant body can no longer survive on 2 meals a day.

I did my usual throw up two times in the morning, try to gag down breakfast and then wait to feel better. It has been taking me a lot longer to get anything done in the mornings lately (it’s a good thing I am not working right now)! Anyways, Wednesday mornings I attend a women's bible study through my church which starts at 9:30am. I had missed the last month and a half due to travel and not feeling well so even though I was still feeling sick I decided to just go.

Sidenote: I was so glad I did because God really spoke to some things I have been dealing with and the ladies are so amazing! It’s funny the things satan uses to keep us away from fellowship sometimes.

Since the study is in an area that I rarely go on the weekdays but is near Costco I decided to run some errands after. I had my saltines in my purse but I knew as I was heading to target that they wouldn’t be enough to stop the hunger and nausea I was feeling. I kept telling myself to just push though and not think about it as I walked through the store. I think that is the quickest I have made it out of target in a while :) Then I headed to Costco. I had to get some stuff for dinner so I had no choice. I prayed as I walked in that they would have some good samples that would at least help for a minute. To my dismay they were defiantly lacking in samples yesterday. As I stood in the checkout line I was rocking back and forth on my heals praying that I wouldn’t get sick or pass out (and getting some strange looks).

Back in my car I thought “I just need to make it home”. However home was still a little ways away.

That’s when it happened folks…

I couldn’t help it, the next thing I knew I was pulling through the drive thru at Del Taco and ordering a soft taco. I just couldn’t take it anymore. When the tummy is yelling it’s hard to ignore :) I ate 1/2 the taco on the way home and finished it after I unloaded the groceries at home. Although it tasted good I felt horribly guilty for giving in and getting fast food. But I learned my lesson..never leave unprepared! I know several of my preggo friends had warned me to carry lots of snack but I guess I had to learn in on my own :)

PS I think I have never been so aware of where every public bathroom is located until now :)

5 comments:

  1. I am totally with you on this one! :) I always have snacks in my purse now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happened to me too. The learning curve took awhile. And occasionally, the hunger still comes out of nowhere. eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article, thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Stuff your purse and car with snacks! I used to keep granola bars, fruit leathers, almonds, and fruit snacks in my purse and car at all times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl at least you didn't pass out or throw up! I thought you were going to say that again and I was quite scared! I think it's totally fine to get the fast food now and again, especially when emergency calls. I do however admire you for taking care of your body and your new little one to be. :) xo.

    ReplyDelete