Monday, July 19, 2010

Officially moved..yay!

Yes I am still alive and I have missed you guys so much! Part of my lack of entering the blog world lately was due to the fact that it took us a week and a half to get internet and cable..ahh! After living 6 months without DVR I was about ready to scream when they said they had to dig or something to get to our wires which requires another team (a special dig team) and the soonest they could get out here would be in two weeks from the day they came. Well with a little finagling on my end I was able to get them to come out a half a week early…torture though..pure torture! And yes we did have to deal with Comcast because apparently they don’t have Verizon out here for cable and internet..no fios..sadness! My phone did a wonderful job of keeping me sane and away from nomad status but as for writing posts..well the phone is too small for that..or maybe my eye’s just suck and I didn’t want to mess with it.

I also blame my absence on the Hubs for getting me addicted to Prison Break..so good! It really was the saving grace in this cable and internet-less household!

The good news is that the house is pretty much unpacked..and yes I will post pictures soon..hang in there! Yesterday we had a hanging party (just the hubs and I) and got most of the pictures on the walls. I think the hubs wanted to ring my little neck because I am really into framing fabric lately which makes the amount of hanging outrageous! He was a trooper though and didn’t complain :)

We are starting to get settled in here in Utah and I am slowing getting lost less and less (or more accurately having to use the GPS less and less)! I know by heart the way to target and Panda Express so i’m good :)

I have also been training for the SF Marathon this next weekend with the hubs. We are both doing the 1/2 since we didn’t have time to train for the full! I’m glad because my body is having a hard time getting back into the grove after all the fertility meds and the change in altitude and dryness. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous but I am also getting very excited! We are doing this race as a “just for fun race” which means not focusing on the time or trying to meet any sort of goal..takes the pressure off.

I totally love our view and I am really enjoying the house! The hubs is doing amazing at his new job and I am so proud of him.

Oh and by the way we got the new dyson animal ball vac and it is the most amazing thing ever..seriously if you have a dog that sheds like the charles it is so worth the investment!

We found a great church and I am excited to get plugged in and meet new people :) The search for a job has started and I was informed the other day that it is really hard to get a job around here if you aren’t Mormon because the networking is crazy with that! Hopefully I will find something if that is God’s plan for us right now..I am really just trusting Him!

Well that’s about all for now, I am sure I am missing stuff but for the most part I am just glad to be settled again and have a home!

I have something big to share with you all in my next post so stay tuned ….

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you're getting adjusted well to the new place! Good luck with the training! xoxo--Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got there and are getting settled!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHHH you can't keep us hanging like that!! ;) I'm glad things are settled and you are enjoying the new home. DH and I just left Colorado last week. The climate and altitude is definetly different (especially from Texas). At least you will have really good hair days all the time. Good luck with the job hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the move went alright! Can't wait to see the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad things are going so well for you. You deserve all the happiness you get. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're all settled, and that you found a good church! I want to see pictures of Utah - I'm a little biased against Utah, but we haven't driven through it since I was a kid, so I want to see the pretty places. Can't wait until that next post! No fair, teasing us like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're unpacked (somewhat)!!! Big announcement?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're getting settled in! And, ugh, Comcast. We have them, too, and, yeah, well, ugh.

    AND BIG ANNOUNCEMENT? Is this what I think it is? AHHH!!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yah seriously. WHAT A TEASE!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing better to help settle into a move than to get involved.If you're where God wants you to be, the job opportunity will open up! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is great that you love your new house

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, running a half marathon just for fun? Hee hee. I cannot imagine! But I'm so impressed.

    Yay that you found a great church! That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete